The operational and procedures for institutional quarantine for
passengers traveling to the Kingdom of
As per GACA
circular dated 10 May 2021, The Government of KSA requires institutional
quarantine for those who intend to travel to the KSA from non- restricted
countries and should have medical insurance that covers the risk of covid-19
infections. The new travel advisory is mentioned below:
1. All travelers must obtain a medical insurance to cover
their treatment of Covid-19. The insurance should cover the cost of treatment
in outpatient clinic, emergencies and hospitals including institutional
quarantine for a period of up to 14 days (this excludes citizens, residents and
2. Saudi citizen and their accompanies are exempted from
institutional quarantine if they have fully vaccinated or passed 14 days after
taking 1st dose or recovered from Covid-19 with-in 06 months .
Otherwise they have to complete 07 days home quarantine.
3. The exemption also applies on passengers who has
passed 14 days after receiving covid-19 vaccines of the following types:
A. Two doses of the Pfizer biontech vaccine
B. Two doses of the Oxford-Astrazeneca vaccine
C. Two doses of Moderna vaccine
D. One dose of Johnson vaccine and possess a vaccination
certificate. The vaccination certificate must be certified by the health
authorities from the country of vaccination.
4. Non-immune/non-exempted Saudi citizen and their
accompanying domestic workers, diplomats and their residing families shall
complete 07 days home quarantine and will undergo a Covid-19 test at sixth day
of their home quarantine.
All travelers arriving in the KSA shall be undergone
07 days institutional quarantine (except those who are exempted mentioned
above) at own expenses and shall complete a PCR test at day 1 and day 7. Children
under the age of eight are exempted from PCR test.
6. The reservation of the institutional quarantine shall
be through the Airlines.
7. Airlines should contract institutional quarantine
establishments that are listed by M/O Tourism and shall inform GACA and M/O
tourism about the contracted quarantine institutions.
8. Airlines shall contracted medical care centers to
perform two PCR test at day 1 and day 7 of all travelers at institutional
quarantine facilities and facilitate the transportation of all travelers.
9. These procedures shall enter into force on 20 May 2021.
10. Violators shall be deported from the KSA and banned
from entering indefinitely into the KSA.
11. The list of the institutional quarantine facilities in Saudi Arabia are given below link :